Wednesday, May 10, 2006

THE TAXI SCOURGE Episode 1: The In-road

It's been a year and a few days since my last taxi rant, but really that's not because there's been nothing to report; it's more that there's so much these "death traps" do illegally, it's almost become acceptable here.

So, my intention is to try see for the next week or so how many days go by WITHOUT me encountering an illegal taxi episode. This would include being illegally parked, stopping randomly in the MIDDLE of the road and of course making a u-turn in the face of on-coming traffic. I will, as far as possible, bring you pictures together with each rant, although this will not always be possible.

Today is day 1. On my way to work, turning in to Beach Road from LeRoche Drive, in the lane I'm turing in to is a flippen taxi stopped right there offloading passengers. NOT pulled to the side in the clearly visible bus stop, NEXT TO IT in the road!

Stay tuned for the next episode.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home