Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Pig Strikes Again!

So I got my first "normal" salary as a permanent employee of the great and mighty company that shall not be named. We've been fighting for ages for us contractors to be made permanent and finally it's happened! I was even promoted to a higher grade! More leave, medical aid, all those cool things.

The problem? Well, the problem is that I'm being paid R700-R800 less! According to the powers that be the "harmonious salaries have not been harmonized yet." Yes, I know what you're thinking... huh? Anyway, Unions are fighting and its really just another battle after a battle with these people.

Again the Chinese soothsayers came to the rescue with an explanation: "The year of the pig... will see a global crash in the economic market." Now I dunno about this global crap, but there is definitely a crash in my freaking bank balance!

Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home