Monday, January 03, 2005

The 2005 wishlist

So… another new year in upon us, and here I sit thinking about resolutions. Well, I don’t do resolutions, but I do have some… lets call them, GOALS.

1. Pay off debts: This is a biggy. There is a lot to still do, especially with the car installments, but I really want to try and get it down quite a bit this year. Of course this may be a little more difficult if I have those dents fixed...

2. Exercise more: My gym contract will come in handy here. Last year I took almost 10kgs off my 3rd wheel, but went and put 3 of that back on over Christmas! Doh! So this year my goal will be to removed 13kgs and take my 15” tire down to a 10”.

3. Stop some bad habits: I bite my fingers often… particularly when I’m stressed. This year I’m gonna let them grow a bit. Some other rather not-so-great habits include swearing. Trying to control that one!!

4. Stress less: I am bad in this. I get stressed quite quickly sometimes. Sometimes it takes me a while, but usually I get pretty badly stressed out. R E L A X. Life is not worth it.

5. Take opportunities and make the most of them: I’ve had some huge opportunities come my way in the past and for various insecurities, fear and just plain blatant stupidity I didn’t take them. This year my inner 75-year old man is gonna pass away.

6. Study something: My boss will love that. I have the chance to study for free this year and I think I may just do that. I’m in to the whole writing scene now, so lets see what happens.

7. Be more tolerable, but take less crap: Okay, so that may seem like a contradiction, but really, it’s not. Last year when I made a decision on something, I stuck to it, even in cases when I was wrong… So this year, we’re gonna try and loosen up a bit, but not be walked all over.

8. Go Overseas: I have been saying for the last 10 years that I wanna go overseas… this year I’m gonna make it happen.

9. Become Famous: Nuff said.


So there it is… lets see how that goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home